13 February, 2011

Green Lantern Corps #56

          I read Green Lantern issue 54 and reviewed it. I said that I loved it and I would definitely read the next one. What I said was true I did absolutely love that comic, but I never had a chance to read next one. Finally I picked it up and its sequel, and because I try not to review comics whose sequel has already come out, I'm reviewing this issue.
          In this issue Sinestro sends the entire Sinestro corps to go fight the Weponer. All members of the Green Lantern Corps that are on Qward have had their rings confiscated by the Weponer. While they were tied up up Ganthet threw up red (rage) blood and Atrocitus appears in the blood saying that Ganthet should have stayed on earth. He then explained that, he allowed this to happen because he had to communicate with Atrocitus in  a fool proof manner. Then the Sinestro corps starts attacking, and Qward needs more defenders. The Weponer gives them their rings back and they make shields. If they fire at the Sinestro corps they will break the treaty, so they power down and start hitting with out their rings. John Stewart leads Qward's warriors inside the Weponer's bunker, they arm themselves and get ready to fight.
         I loved this issue as well. There is some clean feeling to the Green Lantern Corps series, not just with the colors and art, but also with the writing and the stories. It's one of the things that makes this series so enjoyable. People fighting with power rings is cool, especially when it's an army of Yellow Lanterns against some Green Lanterns, but the idea of an entire race arming themselves against the Yellow Lanterns and the Green Lanterns throwing punches against the monsters that are the Yellow Lanterns, is just cool. I hope this doesn't become a recurring theme, it's cool once in a while, but if abused will become very boring, very fast. An arc could be written about being ringless but that is about it. I don't really know why Tony Bedard decided to pick this issue to reveal what happened with Ganthet and Atrocitus, it has very little importance to the story, in fact the first time I wrote the synopsis I forgot to include it. But besides that little hiccup, the book was flawless.






Grade: 10/10
Buy at: www.mycomicshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers