11 December, 2010

Justice League Generation Lost #15

             This is the first issue of Justice League Generation Lost I've read. I've been trying to get into this series for a while, but I never had time to pick it up. I've heard about how good this series was from many reviews and people, but I finally was able to pick it up.
             In this issue Max Lord learns that he is the only one who can remember the existence of Wonder Woman. His tracking devices aren't working, it's like she never exists. He gets angry, calls Cadmus and tells them to activate things that aren't ready. He wants to find Wonder Woman and then kill her. He also framed Captain Atom of murder. Captain Atom rants about killing Max Lord, and Booster Gold rants about how good guys don't kill. Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Fire, and Ice can all remember Wonder Woman, but Blue Beetle, Rocket Red, Skeets and the rest of the world can't. Then the JLI is invaded by the Creature Commandos.
              I've always liked the new Blue Beetle, and Captain Atom, but have never found a way to read about them. I was slightly disappointed that the Blue Beetle wasn't used more, but I wouldn't blame that on the series, because the series is 15 issues in. I really liked the rant by Booster Gold, because he is usually known as a "silly," not to be taken seriously character, and this showed that he was a dynamic character that has many different aspects to him, and really just makes him a more interesting character. I must admit that while the Creature Commandos were cool, I've never heard of them before, so what I'm assuming was supposed to be a shocking event, it was lost on me. Judd Winick did a really great job with the whole Wonder Woman thing. Both with the commented recap, and with her disappearance. He really left me in suspense, and wanting to read the next issue.
              So this was the first issue of this series that I've read and I must say that I loved it. It had good writing, good story, and good character usage. I'm really looking forward to the next issue. This is a good issue that I strongly recommend.



Grade: 8/10
Buy at: www.mycomicshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers