03 July, 2010

Legion of Super-Heroes #2

               The last issue was good, not crazy good, but it was good. So naturally I had high expectations, not crazy high, but high. These expectations were reached and surpassed. Cinar and Portela do a great job of showing people with xenophobia. If you see pictures of  protests against integration they pretty much look like the pictures in this issue of people protesting against the people of Titan being on Earth. This book's plot was really simple. The Legion is clearing the debris that once was Titan, the Legion is trying to calm protesters agains the presence of Titan refugees on Earth, Earth-Man disabled his "leash," but is being corporative, and Saturn Queen took over Ultra Boy's mind. Oh... and Saturn Girl went back in time to when her boys got zapped by the beam, found something, then raced back to the present to use it. I did like the inclusion of Saturn Queen, I didn't expect it at all, I know it should have been pretty predictable, but for some reason it just didn't occur to me.
              In  my review of the last issue, I said that it wasn't dramatic enough to give Earth-Man the choice of Legion or corps, but in this issue his character grows on you. Actually gradually through out the issue. At first you hate him just as much as before, but when he starts to cooperate, you can see him being on the Legion for a long time, and it doesn't really bother you. I'm not saying that he is a good as Colossal Boy, but he grows on you. This issue really makes you like all of the Legion characters, there isn't a single one I don't like. Although it is a little too big, It's hard to keep track of all the members, but as long as I know the main ones, I think I'm fine. Levits is doing everything he can to make sure that most of the Legionnaires are included which is a good thing to do. If he leaves out someones favorite Legionnaire suddenly he has just lost a fan. So he is doing a good job with that , and he is doing a good job with this series.
               So overall this comic was great. Not the best thing that I have ever read, but it was great.


Grade: 9/10
Buy at: www.mycomicshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers