08 May, 2010

Brightest Day #1

           This comic is just a bunch of separate stories, and I'm guessing thats how the series is going to be, and they make it work but it is hard to review.The sword and the stone has reached the Detective Comic Universe. Will, Love, not even fear can lift the white lantern power battery. After attempts by Sinestro and Hal Jordan the comic shifts to Deadman who is busy destroying his own headstone. (remember he is alive now) A white ring forces its self onto his ring and takes him to see the ex-black lanterns. It looks like Deadman is going to be the white lantern, which is just very cool. After that there is some stuff about people finding Hawkman and Hawkgirl's original bones, what I found surprising was that Hawkman's original bones were the famous pharaoh Khufu. Also there is Aquaman fighting on a ship, but for some reason he can only summon dead aquatic creatures. (like when he was a black lantern) To be honest I have no idea what is happening with Firestorm, I don't know that much about him, but I'm happy he is back. Lastly you see Black Manta go berserk and kill several people who are admiring Aquaman, but thats about it. Oh...I almost forgot, Martian Manhunter found a water supply on Mars and is nurturing it and trying to bring life back to Mars. I hope he fails, If there were more Martians he would lose his loneliness which is a big part of his character. I hope they don't make the same mistake that they made with Superman.

Grade: 8.5 / 10
buy at: www.mycomicshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers