01 May, 2010

Amazing Spiderman #628

                  This issue did not have a clever little plot, it was a guy named Captain Universe trying to blow past Spiderman and get to the Juggernaut. That was it really, except that you learned barley anything called the Enigma Force. I'm a huge DC fan, so I really like the Riddler, so I know what the word Enigma means.

enigma |iˈnigmə|
noun ( pl. -mas or -mata |-mətə|)a person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand.• a riddle or paradox

Really they just called them selves the Puzzling force, or the Difficult to Understand Force. I can put up with names as lame as Mr. America, but the Enigma Force, come on! But besides the lack of creativity that Marvel has, this comic was pretty good. I spend allot of my time trying to understand a difficult story, and it was nice to have just a random "beat-em-up." This issue reminded me of Superman Dooms-Day, and epic battle that goes across many cites with an indestructible man. One thing that I didn't like was that, after Captain Universe knocked him senseless, the Juggernaut lost his helmet, so he took an arm restraint and fashioned himself a new one. For one this restraint was not red, yet somehow the Juggernaut made it red, and second, it was absolutely perfect, smooth and everything, and I never imagined him to be a master sculptor. But those were only minor details, the rest of the comic was very good, and I was glad to see Parker's humor back. Lastly, Marvel always has this very block of color thing, and for some reason it really stood out to me this time and was easy on the eye, and ever since I thought that Marvel had messed up it's series I have been reading only DC, and they don't have that kind of color.


Grade: A-
buy at: www.mycomicshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers