22 March, 2010

Green Lantern #51 (Blackest Night)


If you have not read my review of Green Lantern 50: do so before reading this review

This comic was not that good. I loved Green Lantern 50 so I was very disappointed to read this issue. Hal Jordan is "guiding" Parallax . This was done in the pervious issue, so that they can destroy the Black Lantern Spectre. But when this is done and the original Spectre is freed there is a battle that takes up half of this comic. I wanted to see a fight between the Spectre and Nekron. So now there is no Parallax, a good Hal Jordan, and a good Spectre. The Spectre tries to defeat Nekron, but since Nekron has no soul the Spectre has no power over him. So the Spectre is destroyed.
I hated that, it had so much build up, and for nothing. That was a huge disappointment. I love the Spectre and to see him just cast aside like that, I did not like. Geoff Johns is good, but that was a mistake. That was the entire comic, just a mistake.

Grade: B-
buy at: www.mycomicshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers