14 August, 2010

Avengers #3

          This series has been just okay, and when you are talking about the revivle of the Avengers okay just isn't good enough. This is a group that I have wanted back for ever, not the New Avengers, not the Ultimate Avengers (1, 2, or even 3) I just wanted the Avengers with Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Spiderman. Even if Captain America is only a minor character. I am a little disappointed that Hulk isn't on the Avengers, but I get that. He's too much of a loose canon for the spin that Bendis is putting on the Avengers. Just one more thing before I start the review, Bendis is doing a great job with Spiderman, he has his funny qualities and he's still powerful, and thats what I really want to see in Amazing Spiderman, but I've been disappointed.
          In this issue the Avengers are battling it out with Apocalypse and his Horsemen when all of the sudden Apocalypse and the Horsemen disappear. After that Ironman studies what just happened, and then goes on the rebuild the time machine with Noh-Var. At the end a knight and a dinosaur appear, so I really got confused.
         I know I might sound hypocritical when I say that I really liked this issue, even though most of it was a fight scene. It was a John Romita Jr. fight scene, and that really does make a difference. Spiderman has been done well just like I said at the top of this post, but in this issue the person who really shined was Thor. He was written perfectly and it showed his raw power which just made this issue so much better. I was a little upset that there was no more development on the elder Hulk thing. It was the best thing about the first issue and now they just kind of forgot it. But besides that my only complaint is that Hill is still in the series, she's not really doing much, and I kind of hate her character so I just want her to go.
         With out a doubt this is the best issue in the series, and was just an outstanding issue overall.



Grade: 9.5/10
Buy at: www.mycomicshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers