30 August, 2010

Superman #702

            I loved the first issue of Grounded, it was one of the best comics I have ever read. I could go on for hours about how good it was. Superman is walking the earth and solving problems that don't have to do with Lex Luthor or other super villains. One example is that he helped someone fix a car. The issue was powerful, well written, and the art was fantastic. It was a perfect issue.
           In this issue Superman is walking through Detroit, he lets someone who is really bad at basketball block him, discovers some aliens, and saves someone from a heart attack.
           Before I read this issue I read some reviews online. As soon as the word alien comes up in these reviews, I was already disappointed. I wondered why Straczynski had too include aliens in this series, I thought it would ruin this issue. It didn't, for the most part I didn't like them being there, but the line about finding lost pets, well... at least I thought it was really funny. This issue was less powerful than the one before it, this one had a different feel to it. Instead of it being sophisticated and serious this one had a lighter touch on it. Except at the end with the man and the heart attack, that is a great scene, and the best part of the comic. If you think the alien thing is ridiculous and you don't want too buy this comic, I think you should just for the end.
          As usual the art is great, but I really like the cover, of this issue and the last one, I like the simplicity of them, I don't really know why, but I really like them.
          So overall this was on the worse half of okay, and really disappointing because last issue was so good. I would still buy it though because that last scene was extraordinary.




Grade: 6/10
Buy at: www.mycomicshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers